hg config now has a --source option to show where each
- configuration value comes from.
- Introduced a command (debug-repair-issue6528) to repair repositories affected
- by issue6528 where certain files would show up as modified even if they were clean due to an issue in the copy-tracing code.
New Experimental Features
A changelogv2 format has been introduced. It is not ready for use yet, but
- will be used later to address some of the weaknesses of the current revlog format.
Initial experiment and support for dirstatev2, a new dirstate format that
- addresses some of the weaknesses of the current dirstate format. Python + C and Rust support are being implemented, but the Rust solution is the one currently getting the attention for performance.
Initial support for rhg status. rhg is the Rust wrapper executable for hg
- that shortcuts some commands for faster execution speed.
Fixed committing empty files with narrow
Allow overriding pip's pep517 compliance to build C or Rust extensions
- Fixed regression on outgoing email when not specifying revisions
- Fixed a regression causing bookmarks to disappear when using Rust persistent nodemap
- Fixed a regression (in 5.9.1) introduced in 5.9 when cloning repos with
- deep filenames
- Fixed detection of directories becoming symlinks, but only when using the
- Rust extensions.
- Fixed ignore and include not composing in the Rust status
hg commit --interactive now handles deselecting edits of a rename
Fixed a case where hg evolve gives different results when interrupted
- Fixed a memory leak in phases computation
histedit and shelve don't swallow errors when updating the working copy
- Improve error message when detecting content-divergence with a hidden
- common predecessor
- No longer re-order parents in filelog, see issue6533
- Fix revisions affected by issue6533 on the fly during exchange
- Many Windows fixes for stability and py3 compatibility improvements
- Many other miscellaneous fixes
Backwards Compatibility Changes
Internal API Changes
The Dirstate API have been updated as the previous function leaked some internal details and did not distinguish between two important cases: "We are changing parent and need to adjust the dirstate" and "some command is changing which file is tracked". To clarify the situation:
- the following functions have been deprecated,
- these new functions are added for the "adjusting parents" use-case:
- these new function are added for the "adjusting wc file" use-case":
See inline documentation of the new functions for details.
- Additionally, the following have been deprecated:
localrepository.updatecaches' full argument
- The following have been removed:
revlog.revlogio has been removed